View Single Post

Old 02-07-2013, 10:01 PM

Liked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Default Paddle Holster for SD40VE suggestions

Hey folks, new to the forum. I am Michael. Just bought a new SD40VE and want a comfortable paddle holster for it, RH. For a quickie pick up I got a Fobus SWMP for the range and fits comfortably. But was wanting something I felt sure would not scar the finish on the weapon. I ordered a Uncle Mike's Paddle #7801-1 for medium autos 3 1/4" to 4" barrel lengths and with the retention strap and molded thumb break. Disappointed in the way it feels and, from the thumb break to the fact that the inner material will not freely go into a waist band at all. It was a bad buy. Uncle Mike's said to return it to where I bought it and return. So looking for 2 things, one, a confirm on whether this weapon is a medium or large frame semi? And 2 suggestions on brands of holsters to look at. I have only an interest for me on a paddle holster style. Later will come a conceal holster. Thanks and look forward to getting to know you folks. Also would like to reduce trigger pull from 8lbs to possibly 5lbs, suggestions on where I can get a kit. Thanks for any feedback!