View Single Post

Old 02-07-2013, 11:32 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

No, I don't have an answer, still questions - but no one on here has answered it. With the prices being what they are, manufacturers should be going balls to the walls producing and taking advantage of this surge and profitability; yet, very little is hitting the shelves. A friend of mine owns an small ammo business. They can't manufacture, because they can't get components from the big guys. So - that is the real issue - with production way up, where are the rounds going?! Earlier posts talked about the shortage being due to rampant buying. That might have been relevant two months ago, but not now. Now the shelves are bare AND nothing is being shipped. I just called my local wallymart to find out what came in tonight on their twice weekly shipment; only to be told "12 gauge only.!" So again - where is all the currently made ammo going? Government Contractors have what is called a DPAS (Defense Priorities and Allocation System) rating on their contracts. When mandated and enacted, they are required to moved USG requirements to the forefront of their production schedules. Not that it hasn't happened, but if it did, that would explain why domestic manufactured ammo is not available. What about the Mexican., Argentinian, Brazilian, Korean, and you get the picture rounds? Sometimes it seems like Tul and Bear are the only ones getting through. So - not claiming or supporting any conspiracies, but the math is just not working. Notwithstanding war ammo, the quantity available is not equal to the quantity being made! Where is it?
The Following User Likes This Post: