View Single Post

Old 02-10-2013, 12:32 PM
US Veteran

Liked 359 Times in 139 Posts

Old thread re-visited...I recently found and bought a JP Sauer/Hawes Western Marshal SA revolver in .44 Magnum for the huge sum of $250. This is the 4th JP Sauer SA revolver I have had, and this one will be with me till I'm gone. It's in extremely good condition, tight and a good, accurate shooter. It's an oversize SAA - maybe a Dragoon size - with a frame mounted firing pin, but NOT safe for 6. As posted above they were made in Germany by JP Sauer who made great and expensive hunting rifles as well as Mauser military rifles for many decades, and later became part of SIG.

I see reports from JP Sauer SA owners who have 20,000 rounds through their guns with NO problems at all. I have never had any trouble with any of mine except for a broken extractor, which was broken when I bought it and replaced with a slightly modded Ruger BH extractor assembly...worked just fine.

I love these old SA revolvers, and if you should happen on one in your gun shop browsing, I highly recommend you consider it. Great, rugged, accurate revolvers, still very underpriced.
I am a fan.

mark