View Single Post

Old 02-13-2013, 08:32 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Update on my shield with the faulty sear deactivation pin: the gun landed at SW on the 30th of Jan. I called on the 5th to make sure the gun would be mailed back to work address per my written letter. the letter explained what had happened to the gun prior to firing it.

I was told that the gun was finished and set to be mailed out on the 5th or 6th and I should have it on the 7th or 8th.

on the 11th when i had not received the gun, customer service rep "Michael" stated he could not locate the gun. He stated they had records that it was fixed however they did not know where it was. After a call to Wayne the supervisor and Michael the customer service rep. again this same day, Wayne could still not locate any shipping information. The next day (02-12-13) I called again and spoke to Michael. Michael stated the gun should have been shipped out but for whatever reason the gun was not shipped timely and subsequently wass caught up in a SW and ATF audit. He stated the gun now should be clear to ship. When i asked him what repairs were made to the gun, he stated more issues were discovered and the entire inner parts of the gun were replaced.

As i noted in the orginal letter to SW the firearm was being used in a LE application and being wo the firearm caused some issues for me. This gun was replacing some glocks that we currently use. I have NEVER had any issues with any firearm. And i have never seen any issues from firearms that were not the cause of human error on the user end. So this has me a tad uncomfortable. I know things happen and i understand warranties are in place for this reason. When i asked Michael what he could do to restore my faith in SW he offered overnight shipping.... really? thats it? Im not super pleased with how this entire situation went down. As i type this I am still without my shield.