View Single Post

Old 02-14-2013, 08:09 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermo View Post
Forgive my ignorance on this subject, as I have not handled a m&p 9mm but in the market for one.

Can you cock the hammer using the trigger, since it can not be cocked with your thump like a sig. The sig seems like a true DA. You can cock the hammer using the trigger. You can chamber a round by pulling the slide, then manually release the hammer. Now you have a loaded weapon ready to fire with just a long pull of the trigger.

For m&p 9, can the chamber be loaded without a cocked hammer/striker? For example, can it be carried uncocked with a loaded chamber? I take it there is no way to uncock the hammer/striker after pulling the slide to load a round like with the sig.

Just curiuos if it's safe to carry the m&p with a round in the chamber with a cocked hammer/striker without the thumb safety. If the striker needs to move backwards slightly before before disengaging from the sear, it helps prevent misfires from jolts and bumps.
Here's a video posted by robkarrob that may help you understand the stiker-fire system and how it works.

M&P Pistol Gritty Trigger Pull -- Striker Blocker Fix - YouTube