View Single Post

Old 02-17-2013, 03:26 PM

Liked 630 Times in 243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMaxSplat View Post
Or buy a chrome lined M&P15 (which is what I did). To clarify, I like the M&P rifle line very much.

My issue here isn't that options deviating from the specs are terrible. For some they may make sense (price point). My issue is that people will buy an econo AR and then make false claims (the specs are outdated technology, chrome barrels are inaccurate, etc) to justify their purchase and claim that it is better than a top tier rifle that meets more of the mil spec. That just isn't true for many standard uses (competition, LE, home defense, etc).

In the end, we all get to buy what we want. For anyone new to the AR, it would be nice if they could come here and get accurate information to make a buying decision. That is why I am posting in this thread. Hopefully someone in cyber land will find the information I have posted helpful.
I doubt it, due to your very aggressive, non-wavering stance on the subject and discounting the evidence that has been presented to you in an overall cordial manner. As of yet NO false claims have been made. YOU may perceive them as such. Perception in your case is not reality.

There are several "top-tier" weapons that are NOT mil-spec. Know that to be mil-spec they have to follow the TDP "to a T", as you yourself have agreed. Meaning that if their parts are not as specified but better (such as a nickle boron coating) they are not mil-spec. To bad you've ignored me, you might have learned something