View Single Post

Old 02-18-2013, 01:01 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,823 Times in 2,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMaxSplat View Post
Or buy a chrome lined M&P15 (which is what I did). To clarify, I like the M&P rifle line very much.

My issue here isn't that options deviating from the specs are terrible. For some they may make sense (price point). My issue is that people will buy an econo AR and then make false claims (the specs are outdated technology, chrome barrels are inaccurate, etc) to justify their purchase and claim that it is better than a top tier rifle that meets more of the mil spec. That just isn't true for many standard uses (competition, LE, home defense, etc).

In the end, we all get to buy what we want. For anyone new to the AR, it would be nice if they could come here and get accurate information to make a buying decision. That is why I am posting in this thread. Hopefully someone in cyber land will find the information I have posted helpful.
VMaxSplat, S&W has replaced the chrome lining with Melonite in their top of the line rifles....Look at the VTAC II, or the MOE...why do you think that is? I have some ideas, but eager to hear yours first.