View Single Post

Old 02-20-2013, 03:04 AM

Liked 608 Times in 322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by araym View Post
Guys,

NOTE: As I was just now typing this in and playing with my gun, I checked on the hammer springs as yugowego suggested. The hammer was cocked and I accidentally pulled the trigger so it sprang forward. At that point I noticed the hammer had a bit of a wiggle, and discovered that the pin it rotates around had come loose from the right side! What I don’t know is: Was it that way all of the time, or did I just mess it up by “firing” it while separated from the upper receiver? I honestly don’t know. If the former, perhaps that is the cause of the light strikes? Anyway I wiggled the hammer around and got the pin to realign, and then used a pen to push the pin back into the polymer receiver hole on the right hand side. I was surprised that pin isn’t longer, since it not being flush on both sides contributes to it coming loose. It’s back in now, but I’m going to have to keep an eye on it now to make sure it doesn’t work its way back out again in the future. Really I was also surprised at how freely it moved in the two holes.

The pins have grooves in them that keep them from moving side to side. The sear/disconnector pin is held in place by the legs of the hammer spring on the two outside grooves. The hammer pin is held in place by a tiny spring inside the hammer, which lands in the center groove of the pin.

If your hammer pin is moving freely then the spring inside the hammer is probably broken. It's been happening a lot lately.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: