View Single Post

Old 02-20-2013, 10:06 AM

Liked 320 Times in 190 Posts

I like the looks of SS, and it would be nice not to have to deal with rust, and worn off bluing, but not willing to spend a bunch of $ for that right now. Right now I am in the performance at the range and reliability mode. Sounds like what I have pretty much fits the bill for that. My buddy did some quick touch up on the bluing and small amount of surface rust the other day. It looks much better now, and I may do more thorough work on the bluing at some point in the future.

I am ambivalent about a new set of Hogue grips, or wood. I am playing around with making a set of wooden grips right now. The letting in is a real pain. I may have to dig out the router table that has been gathering dust for years just to easily take off the majority of wood before doing the hand tool work.

As to a .22 revolver, I wouldn't want my target .22 to feel unloved. It is still feeling left out since I purchased my CC weapon. I finally got myself compartmentalized to the point I could pick up my target .22 and mentally readjust to a short, 2 1/2 lb trigger. I think bringing another .22 into the fold would push it over the edge into full blown depression.

Last edited by Clovishound; 02-20-2013 at 10:08 AM.