View Single Post

Old 02-21-2013, 12:31 PM

Liked 81 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jframe View Post
wish someone would make an ACCURATE representation film of the late Sheriff, or at least someone like the History Channel produce a good documentary. As much as I like those three films, the reality of them is that they are BASED on certain events in the life of Buford Pusser.
Seeing this thread brought back up makes me chuckle. There is so much supposedly accurate information about Pusser's life and death it boggles the mind.

But take "jframe"s comment above and ask yourself why the History channel or another documentary entity has not been made. There is much more about the man that has never been brought to film or book. There are many stories locally that paint a different picture. And though I have only been around the area for a few years (I live very near to his home), I have heard stories from many who actually knew/grew up with him. Some good, some not so good. I personally won't comment as I did not know the man, and can only relate what I have been told. Some stories made me sad as I too, grew up with those movies and thought of him as an American legend.

As for the .41, I had heard it was a M58