View Single Post

Old 03-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 1,531 Times in 729 Posts

Wyoming was mentioned in the article. If they go to Wyoming and stay pretty close to CO, it may make it easier to transfer key employees. A few years ago Square D had a small group of people working on factory automation in Asheville. They decided to relocate them and every employee refused to move. There wasn't anything to relocate.

There are a lot of reasons why an employee might refuse to relocate and they surely need some of their current talent (assuming they do move). I hear several states have offered to pick up the costs to relocate. Then there is lost production, last I heard Magpul is only making black pmags in order to maximize production. They have to be making a ton of money. In my years in industry I learned that at most places the biggest part of the cost of a product is overhead. Of course, if you double your production the overhead per unit produced is cut in half.

It will be interesting to watch to see how this turns out. Funny thing is the article says some antigun people think Magpul is bluffing and have said so publicly. My guess is there is almost zero chance that Magpul is bluffing.
Luke 22:36