View Single Post

Old 03-03-2013, 09:54 AM

Liked 124 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE View Post
I am a fan of the Ti cylinder and have owned more than one including a 329PD that has fired several hundred full power 44 mag loads with zero issues. Understand the properties of Ti and cleaning a Ti cylinder becomes a moot issue (a Ti cylinder is not a delicate item). I would like to see any documented/verifed issues with "shooting a lot" with a Ti cylinder. Another example of recycling internet garbage?

A 2 oz heavier revolver will have zero advantage in decreasing bullet creep. Elimating bullet creep is a result of using the proper factory ammo or proper reloading techniques.

Several hundred? Yeah let me know if you have 6+ thousand 158grn .357 out of a 340 pd, a burned up eroded cylinder and the scars on your face to match. Since I changed over to stainless the number of factory brand ammo I can use without issue has increased,so the 2 ounces makes a difference. I now have a little over 3000 rds 158grn .357 downrange from my 360 and 340 SS. So internet garbage? yes, where its coming from here you be the judge. I would like to hear documented evidence as to why a guy that admits he never has even held one of these revolvers should chose titanium over stainless. If he buys used he does not know what the last owner cleaned/shot with, then there is the chance he might shoot 110grn by mistake and damage that hardy titanium. So the POTENTIAL for problems with the titanium outweigh the 2oz benefit. IMHO, YMMV.

Last edited by Pitdog02; 03-03-2013 at 08:22 PM.