View Single Post

Old 03-03-2013, 11:38 AM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

My current Magnum pocket lite weight is my relatively new 351PD. Okay, it's 'just' a .22 WMR... but it weighs only 11.5 oz loaded with seven 45gr Hornady FTX 'Critical Defense' rounds. It also fits my spare Mika's 642 pocket holster and carries much more effortlessly in my rf pocket than my 642 stoked with +P 158gr LHPSWCs. Yeah, I know they are better man-stoppers than the .22 WMR, but my theory is that if the .22 WMR's bark doesn't deafen and disorient an assailant, it's flash should scare him. In any case, he would likely notice the recently installed seven exsanguination ports.

The really great news re the 351PD and that ammo - or CCI MaxiMag 40gr TMJ - is that, despite the necessarily miserable DA pull, follow-ups are fast and furious! I have an ANIB, bought 11/11, 4" 651 and I believe - all things being considered - it, resprung and slicked rebound slide, etc, has about the same DA-pull as my 351PD quickly broke in to have. The 351PD 'feels' harder due to the lighter weight. I can hit a paper dinner plate 7/7 times with it from 3-7yd after retrieving it from my pocket and firing rapidly - the 351PD should be effective. I'll still carry my 642 quite often - and it's predecessor, my 296 - some, too.

I've shot a 340 with hot CorBon .357Ms - ouch. It, and a similar 360, were range friend's firearms. No thank you! Follow ups? Eeek! Misery - pure misery. If I am as vocal upon the first shot in an emergency as I was the first time I shot the AirLite Ti .357M, my loud expletives would give away my position and likely result in my having my mouth washed out with soap. I'll stick with what I have... and very likely, start carrying that 351PD more!

Stainz
The Following User Likes This Post: