View Single Post

Old 03-03-2013, 11:43 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,744 Times in 2,626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWEAKD4 View Post
I am about to purchase my first "real" handgun and I have decided on the M&P 9mm. I know I want to pick up more magazines as well but from what I have heard they are hard to find. For this reason I would like to purchase the range and carry kit because it comes with 3 magazines and some nice accessories for not much more than standard gun price. I called a few shops and they don't get many of these kits in. I don't want to wait forever to get this gun if I special order it. Those who have purchased the kit is it worth it and how long did it take to come in.
The difference in price is more than just buying a third magazine. Yes, I know you get the holster, magazine pouch and loader, but the holster and mag pouch are low grade Blade Tech stuff (yes, I know about them, but their low grade stuff is not the same as their higher grade products). The loader is, or at least was, the excellent UPLULA, but you can also buy those separately. So, I would say you should just buy whatever you can find first, the range kit or the pistol and an extra magazine. While waiting to find the pistol and extra magazine, you can go ahead and order a good holster and mag pouch from Paul Giannaula at PJ Holster. The UPLULA loader can be found anywhere - no panic buying on those! Just my thoughts.