Thread: 41mag vs 44mag
View Single Post

Old 03-03-2013, 04:33 PM

Liked 108 Times in 59 Posts

Your ALL right. Some facts some beliefs some opinions. I think the question is wrong. .41vs.44 should be .357vs.41 The .41 mag starts at 210gr and goes up generally. the .357 starts at 125gr and stops at 180 generally but some go 200gr so even that is below the .41 mag factory loads. The rub really is with factory ammo. So there isn't any argument really, just what argument you make yourself. Factory ammo limits your choices reloading lets you utilize the full potential of any round. What kind of gun you want? if 357 is enough ok if 41 is enough ok if 44 is what you want use it.

I remember the police load for the 41mag was supposed to be a cure all but over penetration was cause for concern. In my opinion insufficient training was the problem with magnums. The four CHP officers killed in Valencia 1970 had the right gun for the job. Tactics and not having your head on a swivel got them killed. FMJs and car bodies was what the 357 was made for. Just think of all the cops that died because of the low powered .38 special. When its time to pull your gun you need power.

You cant say 45 is better than 44 and 41 over 44 and 357 and so forth. They all got their place. You want to toss your model 27s cause they aren't .41s? Hell no! and then you'd have to get rid of your model 10s and on and on and on......
Don't use the word "better" there not better... there different.
The Following User Likes This Post: