View Single Post

Old 03-06-2013, 02:53 AM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,070 Times in 2,660 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochituate View Post
I have a vintage 70's Walther 9mm Kurz. On this Walther the barrel is pressed into the chamber. It is unfired with exception to the 10-12 rounds I put thru it. always thought it could fire .380 auto through it.
I bought a case of 500 Winchester 380 auto, and went to the range. I found that some of the rounds were jamming when ejecting. After a closer look I noticed that some of the casing were splitting, causing the jam.

Are there a variety of 380 rounds, like 380 western, 380, 380 acp, and 380 auto? I am told that the 380 auto is the same as a 9mm kurz (short) or 9mm Korto. Any solid confirmation available.
It's extremely possible your pistol just didn't like that ammo. Anyone who shoots a semi-auto has had it happen to them. As for "solid confirmation", you can purchase "Cartridges of the World" and that will tell you 380 Auto, 380 ACP, 9mm Corto, 9mm Kurz, 9mm Short, 9mm Browning Short, 9X17mm and maybe a few more I don't know about are all the same exact cartridges.

A difference of only .002" could be an error in measuring of just the variation of two different manufacturers. After all, that is only two one-Thousands of an inch.
SWCA #3437