View Single Post

Old 03-08-2013, 08:51 AM

Liked 903 Times in 370 Posts
Default The infamous federal 22LR bricks...

Ok, finally i believe. Im now a a believer that they have become the lochness monster of ammo.

Since about the first week of January I've been hitting up walmart every morning before work around 7 am. I've managed to score over 1000 rounds of .223 at normal prices as well as 9mm, .38, and .45. Its been good even with their 3 box limits.

I live in a northern small town that stays below freezing most of the winter. I normally stockpile my ammo for summer shooting in this 5 month time. Thank god for walmart and keeping their normal pricing and making it still possible for me to do so.

So, let me get to my point. As far as 22lr I've managed to scrape up a couple thousand rounds of cci from that same walmart throughout the last couple months. Federal, not happenin captain. This morning i showed up at my normal time. The cabinets were loaded with 100 round packs of federal .223, winchester 9mm and .45 (which i don't use anyhow). The lady in that dept tells me the federal 550 bricks sold in 15 minutes!! Are you kidding me??!!. 20 boxes gone baby gone!!

Finding a federal brick is like winning the lottery. I have to say this is just ridiculous lol. 22lr has achieved movie star status. I think when the day comes and it my turn to score a couple i strongly believe im gonna jump for joy, like the old Toyota commercials was it?

The Following User Likes This Post: