View Single Post

Old 03-09-2013, 10:35 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,738 Times in 2,623 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnizzle80 View Post
What's up everyone? I'm hearing conflicting things about the pull on the MA compliant Shields. I have a deposit down on one and am waiting for it to come in. I've read that the pull is at 10.5lbs and have read elsewhere that it's 6.5lbs. Does anyone own one and know what the pull really is? Thanks!!
Massachusetts requires the pull to be over 10 pounds, I believe.

Same sort of stupidity you hear from these unfortunate police administrators. They are more concerned about negligent discharge than about stopping crime or innocent bystanders. Recall how many private citizens got shot by the police the day NYPD unleashed on that guy over at the Empire State Building? The police administrators say that if you have a heavier trigger pull, you won't unintentionally shoot the pistol. Unfortunately, it seems no amount of training can teach these cops how to hit anything with a NY+ trigger in their Glocks.

Or, in the case of a non-sworn consumer, the politicians say that perhaps your child won't be strong enough to pull the trigger and kill her little friend if you have a heavy pull.

But, you ask your friendly politician: "Doesn't that make it harder to shoot?"

Answer: "Well, yes comrade, but according to the anti-gun people your gun is more likely to harm someone who lives or visits in your home. Quite frankly, if you do need to shoot, chances are MUCH better you will miss the poor criminal who grew up in a bad home with an abusive mother - we don't believe in shooting violent felons who are trying to kill you anyway. And, maybe you will pull your shot, kill or injure an innocent bystander who will sue you and we will have one less gun owner and lots more press on our side. So, a heavy trigger is a win-win for those of us opposed to the exercise of the right of self-defense and the right to bear arms."

You: "Uh huh. What about innocent bystanders who may be hit because the heavy trigger results in wild shots?"

Politician: "Casualty of OUR war on YOUR civil rights. Can't be helped. But, we will hold a fundraiser and have a candle light vigil where we will make speeches about protecting the children."

Last edited by shawn mccarver; 03-09-2013 at 10:39 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: