View Single Post

Old 03-14-2013, 07:37 PM

Liked 72 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatwave3 View Post
I thought the follow picture might be of interest to those shopping for unfamiliar ammo brands such as Centurion. I bought this 5000rd case from LuckyGunner for $420 plus shipping (8.4 cents/rd). I placed this order last Friday and it arrived on Tues. That's pretty fast shipping from my perspective given the weight of a 22lr case.

The packaging is of a high quality including the plastic 50rd ammo trays in each small box. Of course until I fire several hundred rounds I won't be confident in its reliability in my 15-22. I've fired over 1500 rds without a single failure of any type using CCI SV so the standard is pretty high from my perspective. I hope to report back on reliability later this weekend for those that might be interested in buying this brand made in Mexico (I believe by Aguilar).

OFFICIAL (IN STOCK) 22LR AMMO THREAD-imga0547-jpg
Quick update and short review of this Centurion 22lr ammo after 200 rds this evening. Not a single failure of any type. Definitely more powerful (and louder) than the CCI SV I have been using. On the 100yd range this ammo has a less of a drop (not surprising given 1250fps vs the 1050fps of the CCI SV).

Both my son and I felt we would could place these rounds within the 1st ring of the bullseye with a 2.5-10x40 scope with relative ease. With the 10x scope this ammo was just slightly below the cross hair at 100yds. With the CCI SV we were at a full mildot below the crosshair.

I just cleaned the gun to get a sense of how dirty the ammo is and it was far less than I expected given the claim that it is "dirty ammo". I recently cleaned the gun after 300 rds of CCI SV and I would estimate that this ammo would be about the same or slightly dirtier but not by very much, if at all.

If you have the opportunity to grab this ammo next time there's a big shipment from Mexico, I would make the buy. I know I will again if its available.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: