View Single Post

Old 03-15-2013, 01:41 PM

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Good Review! I've been loving my HD7 Gen 3, seems very high quality and robust for the price and it seems to hold zero pretty well when switching between the reticles (although mine spends ~99% of the time on the 2MOA dot). The only complaint I have so far is the proprietary mounting system (kinda necessary to keep the AAA battery in the base) and the resulting sparsness of QD options that won't kill any chance of co-witness or decent cheek weld/comb(seems like the afforemention ADM converter kit is the only game in town as far as I have been able to find).

I also grabbed the screw-in doubler for mine and it seems like a pretty good value accessory for ~$30. It's very clear glass IMO and makes this optic very comfortable for my aging eyes to use out to 50 yards and a bit beyond. I have a bit of concern about the super thin threads on something I do wind up screwing in and out quite a bit but no issues to date. This and the lack of an included case or lens caps are about my only complaints w/ it however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjt50 View Post

Oh, one last thing, I may be wrong, but I saw somewhere Lucid was going to release a QD mount (ADM based) for the HD7. I think it was a shot show booth vid. Can't remember who filmed it tho....
It's really just a replacement lever style bolt and retainer kit for the existing mount from the info I could find. These were showing as available on the Lucid website and only the Lucid website when I last checked a month or so ago, but they were somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 which seemed pretty excessive to me based on what you were getting. Mine seems to hold zero relatively well just using the stock thumb screws as long as I make an attempt to use the same torque/positioning when remounting it.

Last edited by Sid Nitzerglobin; 03-15-2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Added pic w/ doubler installed