View Single Post

Old 03-15-2013, 02:36 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,261 Times in 1,885 Posts

I don't know if they have a sign posted...I've never noticed one when I've been in Academy Sports stores. I can also understand not wanting to sell a handgun (or any other weapon) to someone who appeared irrational or perhaps had mental issues.

What confuses me about this strange tale is the "30 days" he is supposedly banned from buying...and the second store wouldn't sell him a handgun on that basis, but did sell him a shotgun (so he says, I haven't seen it.) This whole thing just sounds very, very strange to me.

He didn't sound any different to me than he usually does...so, I don't think he is cracking up. There have been many times when we were talking that I felt like telling him to stop, but that is just because it is annoying, not threatening. I can easily see that someone who doesn't know him could think he was a nut...but the 30 day ban? It seems to me that rather than a cooling off period, if they had any concerns about his mental state, they would have said no sales at all, ever, period.

BTW, I'm not arguing about the store's right to sell or not sell...that is and should be their right. It really is the 30 day ban on handguns and then selling him a shotgun.