View Single Post

Old 03-15-2013, 06:49 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,261 Times in 1,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule3 View Post
You state that he was "expressing his opinion"

Do you know by chance what that was or what they were talking about?? It's all guess work on everyone's part without being there and hearing what was said.

If his opinion was about doing something drastic or illegal for example, the alarms would go off.

I have seen a FFL refuse to sell a gun to someone (think it was more a possible straw purchase)
No, I don't know what he was talking about, other than what he told me...and as I said, he's never expressed any violent tendencies that I am aware of. He is prejudiced, racially, although he doesn't usually express that in the general public, and he is very disgusted with the political climate and other things going on in this country. I've heard him express his opinions many times, and other than the excited gestures and sudden changes in topic or lapses, he doesn't say anything any worse than you hear most conservatives saying. I really think it is his manner of expressing more than the content. Like I said, if you don't know him, and he gets going on one of his excited discourses, you might really think he is a nut.

I certainly don't disagree with any store or store owner's decision to sell or not sell (as long as it isn't prejudicial, based on a protected class, for example) and in fact, if he came to my store and I didn't know my BIL, I don't think I would sell him a gun either.

As I said, the strangest thing to me of this whole incident (assuming that his version of events is accurate) is the 30 day period, and the second store selling him the shotgun.