View Single Post

Old 03-16-2013, 03:53 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,190 Times in 754 Posts

As an owner of a BG and a Shield .40, I find myself carrying them near equally with the BG getting slightly more time.

For comfort, it's hard to beat the BG. I have a great IWB holster for my Shield but after a few hours of carry I start to notice it. Yes, with my tuckable IWB I can get away with carrying my Shield anywhere, but it's still more comfortable carrying the BG. If I'm business casual in a polo and khakis, the Shield works well because of the pants material. However, in suit pants, I feel the fabric is too thin and the Shield stands out a bit. The BG works better in that situation.

The trigger on the BG didn't take much getting used to for me. I also own a 642 so I was used to heavy triggers. At 20ft I can easily put 7 rounds in a 6" circle. It's a close quarters gun for sure, but it does its job well. At the same distance, I do shoot better with the Shield.

Which would I rather have on me if I needed to use it? The Shield. That's a no brainer. Do I feel like I'm at a terrible disadvantage if I only carry the BG? No.

My feeling is I CAN carry the Shield 100% of the time, but not as easily and comfortably as the BG. I do physical work where I'm squatting, kneeling, lying down at strange angles, crawling, climbing, squeezing through tight spaces, carrying large heavy objects etc. The BG definitely works better then. It's also my kayaking gun.
- The Federalist #46 -
The Following 4 Users Like Post: