View Single Post

Old 03-16-2013, 05:06 PM
US Veteran

Liked 65 Times in 32 Posts

Amidst all the discussion about which caliber is a better SD round, I have to say I agree with the post that basiclly says its better to have a 380 and carry it than a 45 sitting in the safe. A carry guin that is not with you when needed is worthless.
I've been carrying for 20 years too and of course started out with a full sized 1911 followed by a Commander sized 1911, followed by an officers sized 1911.... I live in NC and found that except for about 4 months of the year I didn't wear enough clothes to comfortably carry a large pistol - and forget about the summer wearing shorts and a T shirt.. My carry guns wound up sitting home most of the time until I bought a little PPK in 380 about 12 years ago. Its been my primary carry gun ever since. These days there are so many choices for small 380 and 9mm pistols that even my PPK seems too big and definitely too heavy. My wife just bought a Body Guard some time back for her purse gun and we spent some time shooting it one day at the range. With the finger extension mags (which I also use on my PPK) I found it to be quite manageable and not all all uncomfortable to shoot. 380 ammo has also come along way in recent years and with some good quality ammo, I don't feel at all "undergunned" with my 380. Is a 40 or 45 a better SD round, sure... but it needs to be with you when you need it..
The Following 2 Users Like Post: