View Single Post

Old 03-16-2013, 06:15 PM

Liked 877 Times in 265 Posts

Lots of good opinions that will be endless on this subject.

I'm currently in the process of evaluating three of the most sought after CC guns being produced today. Below are the three I'm working with. The dimensions of the LCP are very similar to the BG 380.

As is the case with all firearms, there are trade-offs, compromises and considerations that must be made by everyone. There is no perfect or near perfect choice when it comes to defensive CC guns, only the closest adaptation to what your needs are.

1. As others have mentioned shoot any and all you are considering before you decide.

2. As others have mentioned, try to carry all for concealment based on your usual clothing choices. If you're looking for a true "pocket carry" gun, arguably, the Shield and XDs are just marginally workable IMO.

3. Familiarity and functional practice are the key to effective use of any of these guns and calibers. In very close defensive situations, and with accurate placement, even the calibers like the 380 can be very effective when used properly, exceeding the effectiveness of poorly placed 9's, 40's and 45's.

4. In my mind the near-perfect CC gun would be an BG/LCP size 5 shot 40 or 45 ACP -- but then -- who among us could shoot it well and who would want to with the accompanying uncontrollable recoil.

So.... My advice to you would be to buy a Shield, preferably in 9mm, and just deal with the adaptations we all have to put up with... Later with your next purchase you can decide to opt for more power or more practical concealment.

JMHO

Last edited by TDC; 03-17-2013 at 12:43 AM.