Thread: All things .380
View Single Post

Old 03-18-2013, 02:13 PM

Liked 2,358 Times in 1,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm272gs View Post
People will tell you (usually the guy carrying a .40 S&W with two extra 12-round mags) that a .380 will "just make somebody mad" and "really won't do any damage". You should ask these folks to stand there and let you shoot them a few times with it. They won't.
Or how about this question:

You are in the woods and a momma black bear is upset you have come between her and her cubs. You have two guns, a .380 and a .40. The bear is coming and will not stop. Which gun do you want to use?

Oh sure a .380 to the brain perfectly placed will drop that bear, if it's not perfect though it sure can deflect off. And how will your accuracy be while a bear is chasing you? Can you put 10 rounds in the 10 ring with a bear swatting at you and your drawers full of brown baggage?

I think a drug addict on PCP is pretty comparable to a momma bear. Neither will stop until you convince them to stop. A .40 is a better convincer IMHO.

Not trying to start a war, I carry a lot of guns from a .380 to a .45, I just ain't going around saying a mouse gun could have saved General Custer.