Thread: Finally got it!
View Single Post

Old 03-18-2013, 02:49 PM

Liked 50 Times in 35 Posts

Congrats! You chose a great carry pistol. My CM9 was my first serious carry pistol. Still running neck and neck with my J-frame as my favorite carry choice.

How are you going to carry it?

A lot of people carry the PM9 in their front pocket. Not my favorite choice because I am crippled and I'm seated most of the time. Too hard to draw when seated. For someone who is spry on their feet, it can work. Always use a holster, though. The most popular choice is the Desantis Nemesis. Personally, I like the Stays-Put Ultra. Just $14.95 shipped. Very comfortable, well made and durable, and it stays put about the best I have seen. It also stays put AIWB behind a good belt - my favorite carry position because it is so easy to draw when seated.

If you like to carry in a belt holster, I know the absolute perfect holster for you! It is the PJ IWB holster. Let me tell you, the PM/CM pistol in this holster in the sweet spot just behind the hip is unbelievably comfortable! I can carry my CM9 in it all day and the only way I can tell if it is there is to reach back there and touch the gun! Believe me. You'll be glad you did!

Now there is a ritual that you must perform. It is the Wally Walk. Once you have your gun broken in at the range (makes a big difference with these tight Kahrs) and you have chosen and practiced with your carry setup, you need to spend some time at Walmart wandering the aisles, getting over the nervousness and getting to where you are comfortable and not overly conscious about it. You don't want to be pulling at your shirt or acting nervous. And don't worry if it prints ever so slightly because, believe me, no one is paying any attention.

Enjoy your right to carry!