View Single Post

Old 03-18-2013, 06:27 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I did a search on the app just now and found some .22s that showed in stock at a Walmart roughly an hour from the house.

Spoke to CSR in sporting goods and was informed that they didn't have anything in stock. I ended up questioned that since the app said that they were in stock. He looked up the Walmart product number for me and sure enough said it showed he had 10 boxes. He asked if he could put me on hold...After waiting for about 10 minutes another CSR picked up the line and said that they didn't have any.

After checking the website again, I found Winchester 333 at same Walmart. Instead of speaking to sporting goods went straight to customer service. Explained the situation to what seemed like a punk kid on the phone.

I was told (which seems weird) that the department managers have to update the stocking info and it may not always be a live data feed.

I find that hard to believe as I watched a show one time that detailed Walmart's inventory central HQ and they knew what and how many of an item was in a store at any given time.

So I contacted Walmart.com asking them if how quick the in stock status were updated...I'll forward any response to you guys.

I have about given up locally to find ammo and had better luck the last few weeks competing for the below .10/rd online.