View Single Post

Old 03-18-2013, 11:42 PM

Liked 1,170 Times in 549 Posts

I forget where I heard it but it is my understanding that the Walmart website only gets updates from the stores once a day - probably at midnight store time - which means that between a product being tagged as "in store" - and being put on the shelf - and being sold - and being updated in the system as having been sold - the website could be as much as 24 hours out of sync with reality.

That said it would be nice if there was some way to know at least approximately when your local store generally receives their ammo deliveries (if there is a set time, and I suspect there is, since cross shipping is one of the reasons Walmart exists as it does today, so unless they are not getting product from the vendor it should be hitting the stores) and approximately how long it takes to get from the receiving dock to the floor.

More bothersome perhaps is one of the Walmart locations near me is showing several items in stock but the gal there said they have not stocked ammo for some time and based on all the knives and other stuff in what must have been the ammo case in the past I can believe it.