View Single Post

Old 03-19-2013, 12:40 AM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,261 Times in 1,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffersonwasright View Post
I can no longer focus on mechanical sights without putting on reading glasses. I bought this gun for home defense though, and in an emergency, such as a noise in the middle of the night, glasses might not be an option. It seems that maybe I only have two possible solutions for this problem, given the overall context of how this gun will be used. The first would be to go to the range everyday for a month until I can hit the target accurately at 6-7 yards without using the sights. I have no difficulty focusing on the target itself. The second solution would be to install a laser sight, go to the range once, and leave the gun in the nightstand. Any advice on this?
Even if you practice, in the middle of the night with adrenaline coursing through your system and no glasses on, you still might not be able to hit your point of aim accurately. It sounds to me like you might benefit from a laser sight...but I'd still go to the range more than once, and make sure you can hit what you aim at consistently with the laser.

Another option to consider is corrective surgery so that you can see without glasses.