View Single Post

Old 03-19-2013, 04:22 AM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc5aw View Post
William Petersen's character in "To Live and Die in LA" carried a revolver cross draw. He was Secret Service, and I believe his sidearm was a Model 19 snub.
I think you're right, and it was a popular gun with them then.

Pity that the Bonnie pic with the New Service had to go. I could tell it wasn't an M-1917 BECAUSE THE BARREL WAS NOT ONLY TOO LONG (AS dAVID wILSON NOTED), BUT THE BARREL RAN RIGHT BACK INTO THE FRAME. tHE m-1917 AND LATER ns GUNS HAD A STEPPED, TAPERED BARREL.

Sorry: the Capslock came on. I have to watch the keyboard to type.

Does anyone recall Jon Hall's old Ramar of the Jungle serials? I think he and Ray Montgomery had M-1917's or Official Police Colts. I have a DVD, but the quality is so poor that I can't be sure which.

Sorry for the Colt question. I'm not necessarily asking for a photo.

What was the name of the PI series with Jameson Parker and Gerald McRaney where one had a nickled M-19 or a M-66 snub, and the other had a .44 Magnum?

Did anyone notice that a couple of pics here show actors about to get burned by barrel/cylinder gap flash if they don't move their hands before firing?

I think Clarice Starling (Jodie Foster) handled her M-13 well in, "Lambs" when she confronted the killer with his Python.