View Single Post

Old 03-19-2013, 10:09 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcwsky09 View Post
I forget where I heard it but it is my understanding that the Walmart website only gets updates from the stores once a day - probably at midnight store time - which means that between a product being tagged as "in store" - and being put on the shelf - and being sold - and being updated in the system as having been sold - the website could be as much as 24 hours out of sync with reality.
I don't think this is the case. It may vary from store to store, but in my case yesterday the app and website showed Federal 9mm FMJ in stock. I called and the very nice lady (which was a surprise) in Sporting Goods told me yes, they had 6. Two vultures overheard and bought 5, but I was able to score one box of 50.

Checking the app and website about an hour later showed they were out, so I do believe it is updated off of their Point of Sale Systems.

My closest local WM still seems to be a pain as they will show some items in stock and say they don't have it and I get the same run-around from a manager others have.

Oh well, when you have what people want you can act how you want. You're just the one who has to live with yourself.

I will say that some of the "associates" have been rather helpful and friendly and did actually take down my information since they have seen me so often checking. There's a list of about 10 of us and when it comes in they call, then it's a mad dash to beat the others in.