View Single Post

Old 03-20-2013, 12:04 AM

Liked 37 Times in 26 Posts

Sent an email to a LGS I've been meaning to check out last night. Their web site is a mess and in need of a major overhaul and didn't even indicate that they really had a retail space (with a name like LowPriceGuns.com you have to wonder, though it's what's on the front of the building, including the .com). Had a reply this morning that they had 1 black MOE for $499 and a stack of FDE MOEs for $549. Managed to get to them a couple minutes before closing tonight. Unfortunately the black MOE was gone. I went ahead and helped shorten the stack of FDE MOEs by 1. The FDE look is quickly growing on me. Anyhow, if anybody else is looking for a FDE MOE as of now they have 6 or 8 on the shelf and most certainly do ship. They had some non-MOEs but I didn't even ask about pricing on those.

They also had a M&P 15 Sport on the wall at $899 (plus an assortment of other S&W and non-S&W rifles). I'd like to get one eventually but am fine to wait for things to calm down to get a sub-MSRP deal on that. They did say they're having a big "black gun" sale tomorrow (asked about the .22LR I was buying but they said larger caliber stuff only) though I've already overspent my firearms budget over the last couple months so I won't be going to check that out. I will be visiting them more in the future, though!

Also, they said the website is being overhauled and will be much more useful soon.