View Single Post

Old 03-20-2013, 11:46 AM

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Default Something is rotten in the state of walmart

Had to share my walmart experience yesterday morning. A walmart over an hour away from me started showing 5 boxes of 100 winchester super speeds at about midnight the night before. I made the drive and was the very first person in line when the 7 am shift (which distributes ammo) came in. THe guy tells me they have no .22s. I say its odd that their site would just start showing it for no reason at midnight (it didn't show before that) and ask him to recheck. He disappears in back for 5 minutes, comes out and says he doesn't have any. I go get the store manager and she comes back and actually takes it pretty serious. She has the employee scan the shelf tag for that brand and size ammo, and sure enough, it shows them having 5 boxes. I tell her my suspicions are that some employee is holding out and/or has hidden them. She calls the employy to the side and I hear her say "if you know anything about these you need to tell me right now, this is serious" and the guy swears he doesn't. The manager then goes herself and searches for like 10 minutes....nothing. She apologizes and says she doesn't know whats going on. I give her my card with my phone number and ask her to keep an eye on the computer inventory because I suspect it will mysteriously show up as being sold later in the day. She says if it does she will find out who sold it and where they got it from. Well, this morning- sure enough- it was shown as "sold out". I called the manager to see what happened and she said it never showed up and they just cleared it out because people kept comming in looking for it. My suspicion is that whoever was hiding knew they couldn't sell it to their friend or themselves after all the attention being paid to it, so they either outright stole it or threw it away rather than having it show up as being sold. But of course its all speculation. It is possible it was just an honest inventory error, but it sure seems suspicious. A very similar incident happened 2 weeks ago and on the same day a local gun shop mysteriously came up with the exact same brand and box size that had unexplainable vanished from walmart and the gun shop was selling it for 4.5 times the walmart price. It was their first .22 in weeks.....the same day walmart "lost" the same ammo. I told the manager all this and she seemed interested, but who knows. Anyway, just a story i wanted to share.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: