View Single Post

Old 03-20-2013, 03:08 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,070 Times in 2,660 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman9207 View Post
I am having a hard time finding reloading data for Remington pistol bullets that I am looking for.

I finally got some bullets in yesterday and was looking for load data for their 9mm .355 124GR FMJ RN bullets. I currently have some Accurate No.7 and Winchester 231 powders but also have some others coming in the next 2-4 weeks.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
These days finding 9mm bullets is a win, good for you... As for specific data for a Remington FMJ bullet, not necessary. Load data for any 124gr FMJ bullet works just fine with the Remington bullets. This is why the data is supplied with a starting and max load, so you can accommodate small differences in bullet design. Start low and work up and you will have no need to spend money uselessly.

As for powders, I use a lot of W231 with a 124gr FMJ bullet for the 9mm. Hodgdon has load data doe a 125gr Sierra FMJ bullet that I use all the time with the same bullets you are going to load. The starting load of 4.4gr W231 has cycled every pistol I shot them in and I usually load 4.6gr W231 under those same 124gr FMJ bullets. The max charge weight according to Hodgdon is 4.8gr W231 so the 4.6gr load isn't near the max. Good luck...
SWCA #3437
The Following User Likes This Post: