View Single Post

Old 03-21-2013, 01:22 AM
US Veteran

Liked 19 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule3 View Post
I have about 12 or 13 turrets and never had something like this occur?? There is a little spring loaded roller bearing in the inside of the main press where the turrets pop in, does that roll and can you push it in and out??. Put some oil on it. Without the rod or any dies the turret should just turn easily by hand.

Other than that I can not understand it without seeing it. Sound like the turret is out of spec. But they sent you other ones so something is very odd. As you said call them while you are at the press. Be sure to ask for a Technician (in the shop area)
My original turrets work fine, they spin/rotate while in the press, I put in the new one's into the press (these turrets slide/fit into the top of the press with no problem) but they will not rotate without a pry bar. The spring loaded roller bearing works fine. It maybe hard to believe but these new turrets would not turn even oiled, I have four other quick change turrets and I am swapping them out all the time no problem! Using the large screw driver as a lever I was able to rotate the turrets, this created quite a few metal shavings. With some effort I can now rotate with my hand, it will work now but not nearly as good as the old turrets.