Thread: All things .380
View Single Post

Old 03-21-2013, 11:52 AM

Liked 4,624 Times in 1,697 Posts

I'm going to offer a little defense of the .380 calibre (for defensive purposes) from a slightly different perspective. Of course, some will differ in opinion and I welcome the replies.
First, the purpose of defensive protection is NOT to kill an attacker, but rather to stop the attack. Granted, killing the attacker will certainly do that - but it's not suppose to be the intended purpose. I am determined to defend myself with lethal force if necessary, but if I can avoid having to deal with the moral and potential legal consequences of killing someone, I certainly want to.
Secondly, as demonstrated in this thread, most people will never have the need to even raise their firearm in self-defense, and considering that 9 out of 10 threats are averted by the perpetrator simply "seeing that you have a gun" the odds are EXTREMEMLY small of running into the one-out of ten attackers who are determined to continue...even when shot.
Like many of you I've watched many videos of attackers fleeing when confronted with a firearm. Did you notice that NONE of the attackers stopped to see what calibre the gun was before deciding to run?
In conclussion, I carry to protect myself and loved ones (and a fellow citizen, should the circumstance present itself), and therefore it's important to have a firearm with me at all times. Pocket carry of a .380 allows for this without any changes to my style of dress or clothing purchases...and I never feel undergunned.

Last edited by Protected One; 03-26-2013 at 03:29 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: