View Single Post

Old 03-21-2013, 02:23 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Recommended ammo for M&P22?

I just bought an M&P22 as my first handgun about two weeks ago. Since then I have put about 1300 rounds of various ammunition though it. Some I had more success than others.

I had initially bought 500 rounds of CCI Mini Mag with the gun. It liked this best of the ones I used. I had 1 or 2 misfires in the 500 rounds.

I then bought 500 rounds of Winchester M22 ammo. It worked pretty well but I had maybe 9-10 misfires in the 500 rounds.

At the one range where I was looking for more ammo, the woman running the store let me try some Winchester Wildcat ammo to see if my gun liked it. I had 3 misfires in one 12 round mag and I didn't continue shooting with it.

The only 22lr ammo I could find recently was at another local range. I bought a 500 pack of Federal hollow point. It hates this stuff too. I fired 250 rounds last night and it would be common to have 1-3 misfires per 12 round mag.

I wanted to try out various products with it to get a feel for what it liked and disliked but with current ammo availability it’s not very fun to buy 500 rounds of something the gun doesn’t like. I’d like to get some more CCI but I just haven’t been able to find it.

Any advice or recommendations? Thanks.