Thread: Optics question
View Single Post

Old 03-21-2013, 09:03 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,599 Times in 993 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel Master View Post
I'm in the same boat as you my friend. I never really owned/purchased any optics, but recently caught the bug. I'm like you, no 007 missions, but I think it would be cool to have sites & scope.

Not to hi-jack your thread, but does anyone know if you have to use a scope riser to use the stock sites? Also, at the end of the day, I'm sure it is preference, but is it any easier or convenient to have all site working together, or seperatley? I.e. front & rear sites line up with scope, or front & rear line up seperate from scope, & scope works on it's own?
If I'm reading you right. You can use a scope alone and "loose" your iron sights. Can't use both at the same time unless you add a riser with a "see through" center riser and look under the scope. That can/will put the scope too high. Remember,you want to keep any sight as close to the barrel as possable for better sighting.

You can use an HG or red dot along with your iron sights. You can use seprate or co witnessed together. Using the front sight and Dot for full co witness or 1/3rd co witness leaving the rear sight down...