View Single Post

Old 03-21-2013, 09:12 PM

Liked 149 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg357 View Post
I have not had to consolidate down to one gun caliber yet, but if i have to one day i think it would be .22 caliber since rimfire ammunition is less expensive and i don't have the necessary equipment to reload and i don't have a space in my home for the reloading equipment.
Despite what you may hear that you have to buy the state of the art progressive press (usually a Dillon), and a whole array of equipment it just isn't true. If I weren't a reloader from way back I wouldn't even consider it today after reading some of the threads I have here. I started with banging out reloads for pistol and shotgun on Lee loaders and progressed to new tools only as I needed them and had space to accomidte them. I think I had been loading for five years before I bought my first scale. I did not have a progressive press until just two years ago and I still don't own a tumbler and never intend to buy one. . Believe me, you can produce quality ammo without breaking the bank on machinery and all you need for pistol can easily be mounted on a B&D Workmate.
The Following User Likes This Post: