View Single Post

Old 03-24-2013, 01:31 AM

Liked 8,584 Times in 2,782 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffersonwasright View Post
Thanks for the excellent comments! Just to clarify, I was referring only to a situation where a would-be intruder is attempting to forcibly enter the home through a locked door.
This example is still too general to give a consistent response. We've had discussions about this in the past. Is the intruder a meth head looking for a quick drug money score? Is he one of a trio of BGs who are trying to enter and perpetrate a violent home invasion? Or is he simply the town drunk who is so plastered that he's keying into the wrong house? Awareness of one's situation will help to determine one's actions. Coming down in the middle of the night and seeing/hearing your back door being jostled might first warrant a stern, "The police are on their way! I have a gun! Go away!" BGs should be inclined to leave, while the town drunk may not process your command. Obviously, you need to be armed when addressing this situation, no matter who is paying a visit. Hopefully, LEO will be on the scene before you are forced to act, but that is often times wishful thinking.