View Single Post

Old 03-24-2013, 11:32 AM

Liked 9,184 Times in 3,621 Posts

1. My first priority is to survive, unharmed. EVERYTHING else flows from that goal.
  2. We have castle doctrine in Ohio. If you don't want to get shot, don't be a home invader. That's not terribly complicated.
  3. You NEVER shoot to wound OR kill. You shoot to stop the threat. You continue shooting until the threat is neutralized. The most reliable means of stopping the immediate and credible threat of unlawful deadly force is one or more gunshots, center of mass. That has a substantial likelihood of causing death. I couldn't care less whether it kills my assailant or not as long as it neutralizes the immediate threat of an unlawful deadly force attack. Once the threat is neutralized, you MUST stop the use of deadly force.
  4. Deadly force is deadly force, whether it's with a revolver or a 106mm RCL, whether with a .25 or a 25mm. If your assailant isn't dangerous enough to kill, he's not dangerous enough to SHOOT.
  5. No "warning shots", EVER. Bullets go somewhere. In a self-defense situation they should go into your assailant and no place else. In Ohio, I have immunity from suit from an assailant (and survivors, etc.) for a good shoot. I have NO immunity if my warning shot kills a bystander.

Self-defense is a serious issue. It needs to be treated seriously, and BEFORE it arises.

Last edited by cmort666; 03-24-2013 at 11:35 AM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: