View Single Post

Old 03-25-2013, 11:28 PM

Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADMAN88 View Post
Can anyone give me a link of a video for cleaning for a brand new firearm? I will be getting my M&P 9 Full and my M&P Shield in a few days and want to have some pre-knowledge of what I am cleaning (meaning from the factory grease or whatever it is..)

thanks..
If you go to the Froglube website there is a specific section for videos.....one of them is a guy going through the initial treatment process on a semi auto. You basically field strip, clean thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol all the metal parts.....then heat the slide, barrel and other metal components with a hair dryer or heat gun. Once warm to the touch, apply the FL paste with the supplied brush.....you can be generous. Let the parts sit an hour or so, the wipe off the excess left with the supplied microfiber towel. I personally then add a bit of the liquid version FL to the main friction points, then you are done. Next time you are at the range, you will notice when the firearm heats up, the FL seeps out of the metal and thoroughly lubricates everything. Keep in mind, it actually REPELS dust and dirt, so it won't gum up your weapon by attracting residue like regular lubes.
The Following User Likes This Post: