View Single Post

Old 03-26-2013, 02:25 AM

Liked 114 Times in 64 Posts

I was just contemplating swapping out the 638 that's on my next to buy list for a 632 with the fluted barrel for use as a primary ccw weapon. Now I hear this. I guess I am way too late to the party.

Then again it seems like the 327mag is not a round that you are going to go and shoot a couple hundred every other week. More like shooting a couple cylinders every month or so to maintain your skills with your carry weapon.

I don't know the ballistics or the performance of the round and how it compares to the 38 special, 9mm or the +P loadings in either, but if it's close then having 6 rounds to 5 is certainly enough of an advantage to keep it as a ccw weapon. Is it not?

I'd still like to have one for my j frame go-anywhere at anytime gun, but I don't think I'd pay $800 for one of the fluted barrel models or the PRO, which is what they go for. That could buy me an M&P revolver or a Scandium 357 which I would carry 38+P in. An 11 ounce revolver with +P ammo trumps a 25 oz, 6 shot revolver chambered in 327 federal magnum. My thinking anyway.

Nalajr