View Single Post

Old 03-27-2013, 08:30 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,728 Times in 2,620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA5177 View Post
Hi there, I have a new to me model 66-6 that was having light strike problems. I read that some people lighten the springs to make the action lighter by bending the spring.

I bought a new spring and screw, the spring is straight and the old one was really curved.
After putting in the new spring I am having problems with the trigger returning forward with the strain screw all the way in, if I back it out a little it works fine.

Do I need to bend my spring a little or leave the screw turned out some? Thanks in advance, Mike
Neither. Return the rebound spring to factory specs also. The strain screw is not there to allow a kitchen table trigger job. It should always be screwed down tight.

Whoever did the bad work on the 66 probably had reliability issues and got rid of it for that reason.

Let us hope that Bubba, the trigger job guy, did not damage the sear engagement in his zeal to do his kitchen table trigger job. If he did, you may end up with push off, in which case, let us also hope that Bubba, the trigger job guy, did not read on here about how you don't "need" the hammer block anyway, so you remove it to make the best trigger job.

If he did, let us hope when your revolver discharges when you do not expect it because a safety feature is removed that: (1) Bubba has plenty of liability insurance (not likely); and, (2) your muzzle is not pointed at anyone or anything you care about.