View Single Post

Old 03-28-2013, 09:19 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I first joined the forum some time ago, but posted only once. I fear I'm too uninformed to make any intelligent commentary, so I've sort of "lurked" in the background, occasionally reading posts that I found interesting, but never having the nerve to ask a question. However, I have a 3rd Model Hand Ejector, Model of 1926, that according to the S&W historian was sold in a lot to Wolf and Klar in 1930. It's engraved (and the real reason I got my nerve up was that I found a picture of similar engraving on a thread about that particular model), nickel plated, but instead of the usual after-market grips, it has bone grips. The gun found its way to Hinton, Oklahoma somehow, and my Grandpa owned it for some years. He told the story (and he told LOTS of stories) that Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper, Dan Combs, occasionally borrowed the gun for exhibitions and lectures, and always returned it cleaned and oiled with two boxes of hand-load wadcutters.
OK, there it is. Now, what I'd really like to know is how to post pictures to this forum. I can't find any instructions on the site, so someone please help me, and I'll show you what this old gun looks like. The finish isn't pristine, but it's still a good shooter, very solid and as accurate as its operator. (with tri-focal lenses, that is to say, nominal) Help, please.
ProfSkip4212 (retired college professor, decidedly out of step with most of that ilk)
The Following User Likes This Post: