View Single Post

Old 03-29-2013, 03:01 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Shield First range trip - Gritty slide 3/4 way back.

Just got my first S&W M&P, ever. Decided to maybe ditch the glock 27 and go with a shield 9mm.
The shield is a pleasure to shoot. Both the wife and i were shooting it. A few questions though.
The very first time firing it, rounds wouldn't seat properly, and light primer strikes. I was using reloads. I switched to Remington factory box ammo. That seemed to run ok.
Went back to reloads after a box of factory. All seemed to be going ok. My wife has a very hard time not limp wristing it and it was getting jammed. I also noticed that pulling the slide back from about 3/4 to full seemed really weird, like gritty and something binding. I stripped it, nothing out of the ordinary, but it back together and all seemed a little bettter.

I am worried about using as a carry gun as the primer strikes look a bit wierd. They are round with a slight line coming off the end of the primer strike. I wanted to see if this is normal. It isn't just like a round pin strike.

Is it recommended after going to the range to remove the striker assembly and clean it, lube, and reassemble?

By the way I was able to get one from G&R Tactical when they were in stock last week or so.

I am planning on doing an apex shield kit and putting on night sights also.

Last edited by jackal2001; 04-03-2013 at 08:34 PM.