View Single Post

Old 03-30-2013, 12:29 PM

Liked 430 Times in 200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule3 View Post
I don't profess to know the reason behind ALLIANTS warning or testing. What I do not understand is why people always have to go against the grain (no pun) and defy what the POWDER COMPANY says?? They posted it for a reason.

There are so many damn powders to use why beat it death?? Use something else that does not have a warning? Simple.
I generally would agree with your advice all around — it just makes good sense and is information that should always be heeded. My only reason for commenting was to see if I could find out why such a ubiquitous powder and cartridge combo has been discontinued after so many years ? It's kind of like all of sudden saying you can't use Bullseye in the 38 anymore. Cause for years a lot of pin and silhouette shooters were relying on Bluedot in the small mag cartridges. As I mentioned earlier they either changed the formula or as 'Bluedot' noted the legal department is involved.

Now for guys like me who still have a nice stash of the old batch I see no reason to discontinue my loads until I run out. Does anybody know when Alliant began advising against using Bluedot in the 357 mag ? The last Alliant loading supplement I have on file is 2004 I believe there were no changes back then.
I would really like to know the batch # or label changes or some ID that lets you know when things changed since I think I have a couple of new cans from about six to seven years ago that I should know what they are. Perhaps I will contact Alliant on this.

Regards and all ears