View Single Post

Old 03-30-2013, 06:59 PM
US Veteran

Liked 244 Times in 47 Posts

OK guys, I've done some playing around with the gun. I does accept .45 Colt ammo as I stated before. It also accepts both .45 ACP loaded on moon clips and .45 auto rim ammo without binding. Inside the charge holes there is no ring for the ACP to headspace on. The length of the cylinder is 1.53, the same as my 625 and 1955 target model.

I'm thinking like the cylinder was reamed out to accept .45 Colt. Also, Supicia lists the length of the .45 ACP cylinder as 1.53 as I confirmed. He lists the .45 Colt cylinder at 1.67". A difference of .14". I measured a moon clip at .04". So, for a .45 Colt cylinder to have been used on this gun, the forcing cone would have to be in the neighborhood of .1" shorter than what it is.

The gun does have a 6.5" barrel. I have the original box and it says 6.5" BBL, target stocks, trigger and hammer. It makes no mention of the red ramp, white outline sights. I'm going to have to see the letter. Hopefully all this matches. Then maybe all I'll need is a cylinder that was not tampered with to make the gun right.