View Single Post

Old 03-31-2013, 03:50 PM

Liked 15,467 Times in 6,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshotslim View Post
rookie here, trying the reloading hobby. had older man with his press show me how and now trying myself. loaded zero .355 115gr. fmj in brass once fired. remington primers and using lee 3 hole turret press. could not find accurate data on hs-6 powder for material stated, so started with 5.0 gr and coal at 1.150. shoot and was little stronger than factory which coal is 1.100. question is with seems to have extra smoke than factory ammo and more kick.do i need to minus weight of powder or/and shrink coal? new at this online questioning so hope these questions are understood correctly. thanks
You can go here for load data for HS 6 but note that it is the same weight bullet but not at all the same shape as FMJ RN so you OAL will be different. It is best to get some manuals that have a bullet similar to what you are using Based on the Zero web sight I believe your OAL is to short.
If it is this bullet.

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

Roze Distribution: 9MM (.355 DIAMETER)

How did you arrive at 5.0 grains?? That is very low which can be a dangerous as too much.

I am not going to give out load data but you are too low . Based on Speers similar shape and weight bullet.

Last edited by Rule3; 04-01-2013 at 12:21 AM.